On this tab, you can use the matrix to set permissions for the project. The following permissions can be assigned:
•Access to project - users with this permission can view and access the project
•Create - users with this permission can create new tasks under the project
•Modify - users with this permission can modify the tasks of the project under the project
•Delete - users with this permission can delete the tasks under the project
These permissions can be assigned to:
•Nobody - nobody can perform the action
•All users - all users can perform the action
•Authenticated users - only signed-in users can perform the action, i.e. anonymous public users cannot perform it
•Group members - only members of the group can perform the action; this option is only available for projects that belong under a group
•Authorized roles - only members that are assigned to the roles selected below can perform the action; for group projects, only the roles defined for the given group can be selected
Project security exceptions
1. The user who is set as the owner of a project automatically has full permissions for that project.
2. A task can be modified by users that it is assigned to or owned by regardless of the security settings of the project that the task belongs under.
3. Users who belong to roles that have the Manage permission for the project management module have full permissions for all projects that do not belong to a group.
4. Users who belong to roles that can manage a group have full permissions for all projects under the given group.
5. The Project list web part has its own security properties that can be used to override the permissions set for the projects that it displays.
More resources can be found in Developer's Guide -> Modules -> Project management -> Overview.